In addition to eating a carb-rich diet and staying hydrated, here are a few non-running things I'm doing to prepare this week:
- Getting 8 hours of sleep every night
- Waking up at the time I need to get up on race day
- Limiting weight lifting/strength training
- Cutting out alcohol, soda, artificially sweetened fruit juices, etc.
- Eliminating fried, processed, fatty foods from my diet
Here's the complete agenda:
Afternoon: 4 mile easy run
Afternoon: Cross Training
Afternoon: Speed workout (1 mile warm up, 1 x 800m, 2 x 400m, 1 mile cool down)
Afternoon: Boot Camp Class
Morning: 4 mile easy run
Haunted Hustle Half Marathon!
What's your favorite/least favorite part of the taper period before a race?