My (tentative) race schedule
Even though it's only mid-December, I have a good portion of my 2012 racing calendar planned out. Here's how things look at this point:
- Icebreaker Indoor Marathon Relay - Milwaukee, WI - Jan 21
- Great Lakes Expo Run 5k Race - Franklin, WI - Jan 29
- Big Chill Run 5k Race - Pewaukee, WI - Feb 18
- Luck of the Irish 5k Race - Hartland, WI - March 17
- Crazylegs Classic - Madison, WI - April 28
- Block Melanoma 5k Race - Milwaukee, WI - May 20
- Summerfest Rock 'N Sole 10k Race - Milwaukee, WI - June 23
- Chicago Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon - Chicago, IL - July 22
- Lakefront Marathon - Milwaukee, WI - Oct 7
My goal is to focus on building mileage and speed during the first part of the year so I'm ready for longer races during the second part of the year. I'd like to add another half marathon to the spring portion of my schedule, probably around late April, early May. Depending on how the year goes, I also may add another half marathon to the fall portion and use it as a practice run before Lakefront Marathon.
Speaking of the marathon - it kind of scares me! I'm still not 100 percent committed to doing it, but for now it's staying on my list. I think I'm ready and thinking about training for and completing a marathon is pretty exciting to me. On the other hand, I've heard plenty of horror stories that make me hesitate a bit. More on this to come in a later post.
Now it's your turn to tell me what races you're doing in 2012! Or, are there any races you did in 2011 that you'd recommend I add to my schedule?