I recently received a tweet letting me know that my good friend Alysha nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. The award is meant to be given to a blog that is a favorite of yours, particularly ones that are up and coming with a smaller following. Those nominated need to answer 11 questions posed by the person nominating, include 11 random facts, create 11 new questions and nominate 11 blogs.
As most of you who read this blog already know, Alysha writes at She's on the Run and recently did a guest post on my blog featuring a healthy salmon recipe. Alysha's blog is one of my go-to sources for delicious recipes and I love reading about her culinary adventures.
Here are Alysha's questions for me:
- What does your exercise routine look like? I train 6 days/week, including 50-55 miles running, strength training and boot camp classes.
- What’s your biggest fitness goal? I have several! I want to have a great first marathon experience in October and run a sub-22 minute 5k and sub-1:40 half marathon. Ultimately, I'd like to qualify for Boston.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? Work hard today to get what you want tomorrow.
- What’s your dream job? Since I'm obsessed with running, it would be something that allows me to be around it all the time. I hear Nike employees get a paid hour to workout during the day - that sounds pretty sweet to me!
- Describe your perfect meal. This is a hard one given how much I love eating. I love Mexican food so guacamole and tacos are a must. Since I have a major sweet tooth, a rich dessert would also need to be included.
- What is your favorite quality/trait about yourself? If I want something, I won't give up until I get it.
- If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be? I would like to be more patient. I dislike waiting and tend to want things right away.
- Are there any words you just hate? Maybe the word "nice". I use it myself but it has a certain blandness that's annoying.
- Is there a piece of clothing/accessory you can’t live without? A favorite pair of worn-in, faded jeans and a chunky gold chain link bracelet from my grandmother.
- What’s your biggest pet peeve? Slow/passive drivers - ugh :(
- When was the last time your cried? I didn't actually cry, but definitely teared up at the end of the Chicago Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon. It was a tough race that left me exhausted, but I was so happy for my mother, who finished her first half marathon!
Here are 11 random facts about me:
- My name is really hard to pronounce - It's pronounced Soon Tor-key. Not, Sun Tork or Sun Tork-a or Sun Tor-que.
- My mom is my best friend - I see her at least once a week.
At the Rockford race finish line. Yes, we wore matching mother/daughter outfits.
- I don't like running an odd amount of miles. I'll run 6, 8 or even 20, but not 5, 7 or 19 unless it's an accident.
- I can't whistle - try as I may, it's not ever going to happen!
- Eating McDonalds is one of my guilty pleasures. I know it's terrible and loaded with calories, fat, sodium and other bad stuff but I have fond memories of eating double cheeseburgers with my friend Debbie!
- I've probably watched more hours of TV with the Olympics than I have the rest of the year combined.
- I prefer Twitter to Facebook.
- I sometimes enjoy awkward moments. I love watching how people react.
- I work best under deadline - if I have too much time to work on projects I tend to procrastinate.
- I always drink at least eight, 8oz glasses of water every day.
- I actually really like a good ice bath after a hard run!
Here are my questions:
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- How did you decide on your blog's name?
- What are your top five favorite foods?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What's the best gift you ever received?
- Are there any current style trends that make you cringe?
- Why do you workout and what's your current routine?
- Who is your role model?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- If you could participate in any Olympic sport, which would you pick?
- Where would you like to travel next?
Here are the people I'm nominating for the award:
Debbie @ Le Food Snob
Ariana @ Ariana Hilborn
Sheila @ SMW RoadRunner
Jesica @ RunLadyLike
Erin @ Goldiluxe
Nicole @ On My Table
Lori @ LVMKE
Sarah, Maggie and Molly @ Mag-Pies & More
Here are the guidelines should you choose to accept:
- Link back to the person who gave it to you…they deserve the love!
- Post the award on your blog for all to see!
- Give the award to 11 of your favorite bloggers … ideally with approximately 200 followers or less.
- Leave a comment on your chosen blogs to let them know that they have been given the Liebster award.
Finally, have fun with it and I look forward to seeing your award posts!