Since Wisconsin winter weather can be a bit unpredictable, I like sticking with shorter races. After all, anyone can put up with cold/snow/winds/rain/ice for 3.1 miles! It's also no secret that I love racing 5ks. It's a chance to put all that speedwork to the test and see if you have what it takes.
Winter running = Jackets, tights and gloves!
As a bonus, racing during the winter months can help you stay motivated to train and also allows you to indulge in a few extra treats around the holidays, guilt free!
Here's my race calendar for the upcoming months:
- Nov. 4 - Badgerland Striders Turkey Trot Prediction Run
- Nov. 11 - Welcome 2 Winter 5k Race*
- Nov. 22 - Drumstick Dash 5k Race
- Nov. 25 - The Elf Run 5k Race*
- Dec. 31 - Run Into the New Year 5k Race*
- Jan. 1 - Polar Bear Dash 5k Race
- Jan. 19 - Indoor Marathon Relay
- Jan. 27 - Great Lakes Expo 5k Race*
- Feb. 17 - The Big Chill 5k Race*
- March 16 - Luck of the Irish 5k Race*
Let's talk: Who else is racing this winter? What races are you doing? If you're not racing, will you keep running during the winter months?
Also, anyone know where I can buy cheap, knit gloves? I like to start a race wearing them but tend to throw them off midway through, which means I need to stockpile these gloves now :)