And now, on to today's bits and pieces:
1. The Madison Twilight 10k is just two days away. Eek! I am full on nervous at this point and I'm trying to remember that it's just a sign that I care about the race outcome. I wish I had been able to train for an extra 3-4 weeks for this one to really work on speed, but I feel confident with the training I was able to do.
2. For the first time, I'm going to race in bunhuggers. I ordered a pair from Oiselle awhile back but have been too scared to wear them in public. This changes on Saturday. The buns, paired with my Oiselle singlet and Wings Out necklace will help me run my best.
I wish my abs were as flat as Mac's!
3. Even though I leave my iPod at home when going out for a run, I still associate certain songs with each training period. This time around, the songs include:
- Stubborn Love, The Lumineers
- It's Time, Imagine Dragons
- Carry On, Fun
- Get Lucky, Daft Punk
- Blurred Lines, Robin Thicke
4. I think snickerdoodle cupcakes will be a perfect post-race treat. My friend Julie gave me a gluten-free mix awhile back that I'm eager to try. The only thing is I need to figure out is a perfect frosting pairing.
5. It's been awhile since I've hosted a get together and I think I have the perfect theme for one. Time to get planning. Watch your inbox for an invite ;)
Your turn to tell me . . .
- What songs have you been listening to lately?
- What type of frosting would you use with snickerdoodle cupcakes?
- Something random that's on your mind!
Have a great rest of the week!