1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
GU - it's not something I consider overwhelmingly tasty, but it gets the job done and that's what counts. My favorite flavor is Strawberry Banana.
2. Race Length: 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
Many runners hate 5ks because they hurt A LOT, but it's actually my distance of choice. I love the intensity from the gun, battling through the middle miles and finally getting to kick it home in the final quarter mile. As a bonus, you can recover from a 5k race a lot faster than a longer distance like a half marathon or marathon, which means you can race more of them every year!
At Race for the Bacon - one of my favorite 5k races!
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
Oiselle Distance or Roga shorts are my favorites. Sometimes when racing, I'll wear buns - but only when I'm feeling extra fast ;)
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, Water or Other?
My drink of choice is Nuun - Fruit Punch, Grape or Cherry Limeade.
Love, love, LOVE!
5. Running temperatures: HOT or COLD?
I'll go with hot - I hate wearing running tights and extra layers on top. Plus, being completely clumsy, I'm afraid of slipping on ice while running.
6. Running Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics or Other?
Brooks Defyance or Cascadia for training, Saucony Kinvaras or Type A flats for racing.
My favorite Kinvaras!
7. Pre-Race Meal: Oatmeal. Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
An unfrosted, whole-wheat toaster pastry and a banana. If I'm not in the mood for food, I'll drink an Ensure.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, Never or Other?
I prefer one rest day per week, but since I'm currently in the building-back-from-injury phase, I'm taking two days of rest per week.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
I never run with music - even on the treadmill! I find it's an un-needed distraction and prevents me from truly connecting with the run.
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or other?
At different times, I've run for pretty much all of those reasons. But the main reason I run is a sense of accomplishment. Whether it's just getting in a little four-miler after work or racing a new PR, I always feel better after a run. Nothing is more satisfying!
Alright friends, now it's your turn to answer the survey questions! Pick a question or two to answer in the comments or complete the survey in the blog post of your own.
Looking forward to seeing everyone's answers!