I'll continue to go to Gold's Gym, but I'll also be hitting the Milwaukee YMCA a few times a week. I joined earlier this week and have already used the downtown facility's indoor track (6 laps = 1 mile) a few times. I also checked out the weight room and another studio that happens to have all my favorite equipment - fitness balls, BOSU balls, weight plates, dumbbells, etc. Perfect!
I'm super excited to try out the many classes that are offered throughout the week. It's been awhile since I've done group fitness classes, but I think they are a great addition to any training plan. They're an excellent way to learn new exercises to incorporate into your own workouts and also a fun way to meet fellow fitness enthusiasts!
Here are the classes I'll likely try first:
- Y-Fuse - A class featuring ports-inspired drills
- Y-Blitz - A sports-style cross training class
- Absolution - A class focused on building core strength
- Y-Kettle Bell Interval Circuit - A kettle bell workout mixed with high-intensity cardio intervals
This is just what I need to kick start my training this year :)
- Are you trying anything new or doing anything different this year when it comes to training?
- Do you take any group fitness classes? If so, what do you like/dislike about them?
If you go to the YMCA, let's meet for a class sometime soon!
*Disclosure: I was given a free membership to the YMCA Milwaukee in exchange for blogging, tweeting and general social media posts about my experience. All opinions are my own.