Even now as an adult, I enjoy drinking chocolate milk. It's just the thing to satisfy my massive sweet tooth and best of all, I never have to feel guilty about indulging since it's rich with nutrients and made with wholesome ingredients.
With all that being said, I'm thrilled to announce my participation in the Win With Chocolate Milk program as a Chocolate Milk Blog Ambassador!
You all know me as a runner, and since taking up the sport, drinking chocolate milk has filled an important training need. It's one of the very best recovery foods around - a perfect mix of carbs and protein. And believe me, when you run a hard track workout in the evening and have more miles on the schedule the following morning, a fast recovery is supremely important!
Here are some things you need to know about this amazing beverage:
- Has the "right mix" of carbs and protein to refuel (about a 3:1 ratio)
- Provides 9 essential nutrients athletes need
- Naturally has high-quality protein and key electrolytes like calcium, potassium, sodium and magnesium
- Made with real milk
- Costs less than 50 cents per glass
- Simple ingredients, not designed in a lab
And, it almost goes without saying that it's the perfect reward for a great workout or race - particularly when combined with a chocolate chip or sugar cookie ;) Definitely something to look forward to during the final mile of a workout or race.
Mom and I both enjoyed drinking chocolate milk after The Big Chill 5k
For more information about the benefits of chocolate milk, visit the Win With Chocolate Milk website or the Wisconsin Dairy Facebook Page.
My questions for you:
- Do you drink milk after workouts or races? If so, how do you think it helps with recovery?
- If not milk, what do you drink/eat for a recovery snack/meal?